Despite his Presidential shortcomings, you know who is not as dumb as he sometimes appears to be. He knows enough to know that if Brett Kavanaugh is confirmed as the next Supreme Court Judge, his legacy will be cemented for decades, if not generations to come, regardless of how long he is in office.
Brett Kavanaugh should NOT be confirmed for the Supreme Court. Below are the reasons why:
- Judge Kavanaugh would potentially gut the ACA and Roe V. Wade, in addition to cutting back on the hard-won Civil Rights that citizens of color have been fighting for for generations.
- Judge Kavanaugh could nullify any charges that are brought against you know who, if he is indicted while still in office.
- Judge Kavanaugh is another white hetero Christian male. Just what this country needs in a position of political power.
- Judge Kavanaugh believes that the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is unconstitutional. Millions of Americans would be defrauded out of their hard-earned money by financial institutions if this important branch of government is rendered toothless.
- Judge Kavanaugh turned his back on one of the fathers of the victims of the Parkland shooting who went up to introduce himself after the hearing.
- There are thousands upon thousands of pages missing from Judge Kavanaugh’s record. How is the committee supposed to prepare for the hearing and then make a decision if they do not have all of the facts in front of them?
Only time will tell if Brett Kavanaugh ascends to the highest court in the land. My hope (faint as it is) is that he will not be confirmed But, considering the state of American politics these days, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was confirmed.
P.S. Am I the only one who finds it hypocritical that while Republicans were adamant about not confirming Merrick Garland until the 2016 election, but they are rushing the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh before the 2018 Midterms Elections?