Sometimes the only way to make a point is to hit it where it financially hurts.
Earlier this week, Fox News settled with Dominion for a total of $787.5 million for the lies they told about the 2020 Presidential election.
It’s not enough for me. Instead of having the balls to sit in a courtroom and be judged by a jury of their peers (in which they would have surely been found guilty), they took the coward’s way out and settled. Granted, there is still the lawsuit from Smartmatic. But I cannot help but feel that this is far from the preferred outcome.
I would be content with a combination of the following:
- The network is forced into bankruptcy, blackballed, and forced to close its doors.
- Rupert Murdoch was personally bankrupted and legally compelled to admit to wrongdoing. Furthermore, he is banned from running any future US-based company.
- The network’s stars are legally forced to state (either verbally or in the text on the screen) that they are there to entertain the audience, not the deliver the “news”. They knowingly lied to their audience to keep the ratings up and shareholders happy.
- The carriage fees (aka the money paid to include the channels in their lineup) are refunded to the cable companies and their customers. It is no longer included in the basic channel lineup and must be requested.
- Fox News replaced as the main “news network” on American military bases.
- They must admit wrongdoing in a direct way and pay the legal fees of any person or company that has been forced to go to court because of the lies they told.
Though only time will tell how this finally ends, I am looking forward to the day when they get their just desserts.
You must be logged in to post a comment.