The full trailer for series 5 for Downton Abbey is out.
The only thing that would make the trailer better is hearing that ITV and PBS will air Downton at the same time on both sides of the pond.
Last week, ITV released a teaser for the 5th series of Downton Abbey.
It’s brief, only twenty seconds long. We hear Mr. Carson, the butler talking about how life is not static, but forever changing.
Is it me, does it sound a little cryptic, especially coming from conservative, old school, Mr. Carson?
We’ll all find out soon enough.
Dear Julian Fellows
I am aware, like many within the Downton Abbey Fandom, that filming of series 5 has already commenced.
No one is perfect and no writer is perfect. Every television series has at least one episode or plot line where the viewer is questioning the judgement of the writer or writers.
From one writer to another, I would like to make a few suggestions for the fifth series.
- Baby Bates. Between John in prison in the third series and Anna’s rape in the fourth series, they deserve a little happiness.
- Fire Thomas. Yes, we all know that he took a beating for Jimmy and was nearly fired without a recommendation at the end of the third series for kissing Jimmy, but he has apparently forgotten those who showed him kindness at his hour of need.
- Tell us what secret Baxter has that Thomas is alluding to. And let her hook up with Molesley.
- Allow Edith to win at something. Career, romantic relationship, something. We all know that the scrapes in life make us stronger, but she deserves to win for once.
- Give Daisy a boyfriend. After Thomas, William and Alfred, she deserves a little love in her life.
- Show us the Crawley grandchildren. Granted, the UK may have similar laws that the US has in regards to child actors, but it would be nice to see Sybbie, George and Edith’s unnamed daughter.
- Let Mary be single for a while. It’s not like she needs a man to provide for her or give her a home. She has a home and an income. She also has a son to raise and an estate to run. It’s not like she is sleeping until noon and eating bon bons all day.
- Answer the will they or won’t they between Mr. Carson and Mrs. Hughes. I’m not a Charles Carson and Elsie Hughes shipper, but I’m sure the final moments of the 4th series gave those who are a little hope.
A Downton Abbey Fan