Timeless is one of my favorite shows that is presently airing on NBC. It was initially cancelled after the first season, then brought back to life after the network was bombarded by fans who wanted the show to continue. The second season will soon be coming to a close and unfortunately, once again, Timeless on the verge of cancellation.
If you have not watched the show, listed below are the reasons to watch and save timeless.
- Fully fleshed out, empowered and intelligent female characters: Lucy Preston (Abigail Spencer), Agent Denise Christopher (Sakina Jeffrey), Jiya (Claudia Doumit) and Emma Whitmore (Annie Wersching) are far more than the traditional arm candy/love interest/damsel in distress. All are badass, in charge and are just as important to the overall narrative as the male characters.
- Every episode is a mini history lesson. The pilot episode was about the Hindenburg disaster. I knew the basic facts about the disaster, but I learned a lot more by the time the episode was over.
- The action and drama keep the audience on their toes. I’ve often found myself wanting commercial breaks because I was so anxious to know what was going to happen after the break.
- The baddie on show is an organization called Rittenhouse. They are determined to bend history to their will and are not unwilling to kill or destroy in the process.
- The focus this season is overlooked historical figures who are female and people of color. It’s not often that a fictional action show shines the spotlight on these people. The first episode of this season focused around Marie Curie. It was enlightening to say the least.
- It’s an amazing show. I hope and pray that once again NBC will listen to the fans and renew Timeless for a third season.
Timeless airs 10PM on Sunday nights on NBC. The season finale airs in two parts, May 11th and May 18th starting at 9pm.