2014 has been a very interesting movie going year for me. While I did not see any movies that would substantiate a worst movies of 2014 list, there have been more than a few that are vying for best movie of 2014.
5. Noah-While this movie tried, it lived up to the title of biblical disaster for several reasons.
4. Get On Up– A biopic is always more interesting when the audience gets to know the whole person, warts and all. However, that doesn’t mean there can’t be a few scenes that can be saved for the extra’s portion of the DVD.
3. Monuments Men– I like this untold World War II stories, but there was something lacking.
2. Wish I Was Here– A realistic view of adulthood that felt a little too real.
1. Begin Again– Keira Knightley, breaking from her previous BPD (British Period Drama) roles and Mark Ruffalo as a disgraced music exec.
And now the fun begins. (Drum roll please) The top 5 movies of 2014 are….
4. Tie Between Captain America: The Winter Soldier and X-Men: Days Of Future Past– Two excellent comic book movies which could easily stand on their own, but fit in perfectly with the rest of the genre.
3. Belle– A BPD with a woman of color and an engaging true story.
2. The Theory Of Everything– The life story of Stephen Hawking.
1. Ida– This movie is story telling at it’s best.
There you have it folks. My list of the best movies of 2014. See you next year.